Armed Forces Covenant
Grovely Pets are very proud to support our Armed Forces. Grovely Pets owners Liz and Dave, both served in the Royal Navy and know the hard work and dedication that our men and women have, not forgetting their loved ones back home.
We, the undersigned, commit to honour the Armed
Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces
Community. We recognise the value Serving Personnel,
both Regular and Reservists, Veterans and military
families contribute to our business and our country.
Signed on behalf of:
Grovely Pet Supplies Ltd
Signed: (on original)
Name: ER Chislett-Milne
Position: Founder / CEO
Date: 10th February 2018
The Armed Forces Covenant
An Enduring Covenant Between
The People of the United Kingdom
Her Majesty’s Government
All those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces of the Crown
And their Families
The first duty of Government is the defence of the realm. Our Armed Forces fulfil that responsibility on behalf of the Government, sacrificing some civilian freedoms, facing danger and, sometimes, suffering serious injury or death as a result of their duty. Families also play a vital role in supporting the operational effectiveness of our Armed Forces. In return, the whole nation has a moral obligation to the members of the Naval Service, the Army and the Royal Air Force, together with their families. They deserve our respect and support, and fair treatment.
Those who serve in the Armed Forces, whether Regular or Reserve, those who have served in the past, and their families, should face no disadvantage compared to other citizens in the provision of public and commercial services. Special consideration is appropriate in some cases, especially for those who have given most such as the injured and the bereaved.
This obligation involves the whole of society: it includes voluntary and charitable bodies, private organisations, and the actions of individuals in supporting the Armed Forces. Recognising those who have performed military duty unites the country and demonstrates the value of their contribution. This has no greater expression than in upholding this Covenant.
Section 1: Principles Of The Armed Forces Covenant
- We Grovely Pets will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
Section 2: Demonstrating our Commitment
2.1 Grovely Pets recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- proud to be promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), in order to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers;
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners and working closely with Recruit for Spouses to encourage them to join our team;
- to look for opportunities to build a network of shops that could support continued employment of spouses throughout the South when Military partners have redeployed;
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- aiming to actively participate in Armed Forces Day;
- offering a 5% discount to both serving members and veterans of the Armed Forces Community;
2.2 We will publicise these commitments through our literature and on our website, setting out how we will seek to honour them and inviting feedback from the Service community and our customers on how we are doing.